This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 04.07.2022. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT Ngqura CT
Position Title : Service Driver
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Department : Engineering
Location : Ngqura
Reporting To : Equipment Controller Level 2
Grade Level : HRLYK1
Reference Number : 2021535
To transport passengers, goods and documents in accordance to road traffic rules and standard operating procedures in order to optimise terminal productivity.
1.Perform daily checks on vehicle prior to commencement of work to ensure the vehicle is in good working condition.
2. Complete daily task sheet, record equipment defects and advise supervisor on defects.
3. Ensure that fuel and fluid levels are replenished in line with the standard operating procedure.
4. Drive vehicle in accordance with applicable road traffic rules and standard operating procedures and monitor vehicle performance during use.
5. Report accidents and incidents in which occur during performance of duties.
6. Ensure correct equipment and tools are utilised during performance of duties.
Qualifications & Experience:
Must have Matric.
Must have a valid code 10 drivers licence and PDP.
Must have a minimum of 1 year driving experience.
Responsible and Liable