Full time employment
Trade Test Millwright
N3 Mechanical or Electrical
Nestlé has over 308 000 employees worldwide. More than being the world’s number one food and beverage brand, we’ve successfully launched, and sustained, hundreds of thousands of careers. The East and Southern African Region Technical Division encompasses a broad spectrum of activities, with five factories in our market in the Food & Beverages, and Nutrition businesses.
We’re now looking for a qualified Millwright to join our team Harrismith factory. Your main responsibilities are: Installing, maintaining and improving both electrical and mechanical equipment as well as ensuring efficient, safe operation of machinery by setting and adjusting devices to within allowed tolerances.
A day in the life of…
Carry out the planned maintenance required on plant.
- Incumbent has to be pro-active and prevent breakdowns on his/her patrols and shows initiative to continuously improve equipment performance – condition based maintenance
Complete the necessary administrative tasks for AMM, SHE, CDM and MDWT.
- Interact with production, Suppliers and contracting staff
- Coaching and mentoring of technical operators and apprentices.
In both electrical and mechanical disciplines, install, service, repair and maintain existing and new equipment.
- Attend to electrical and mechanical faults/breakdowns within the factory.
- Programming and faultfinding on VSD’’s and soft starters.
Root cause analysis of repetitive faults; implement corrective measures.
- Steer ‘Continuous Improvement’ teams to improve equipment reliability and performance
- Undertakes to work shift, standby and overtime as per company requirements.
Adhering to Safe Working Permit procedures at all times (e.g. confined space, working at height, hot work, LOTO etc.)
- Ensure that during all work performed, food safety is never compromised.
- Correct errors on electrical and mechanical drawings, update accordingly.
- Alignment of goals to achieve NCE objectives.
What will make you successful
- Served Apprenticeship and qualified with Millwright Trade Test Certificate (Electromechanician.)
- Basic working knowledge of PLC’s
- A minimum of two years experience in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.