Company: Joburg Market
Job Title: Cleaner/ Stacker
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
JOB PURPOSE: To perform cleaning/ stacking duties in the cold store and ripening complex.
Basic Salary: R8,329.27 – R11,602.95 excluding benefits
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing cleaning duties in a pre-determined area in the cold store / ripening complex, using prescribed equipment, materials and detergents, to ensure that set standards are maintained.
- Collect corner strips and pallets in the distribution and passage areas and remove same to storage.
- Wash and scrub floors and walls of chambers with the help of equipment, when required.
- Manually re-stack produce which has fallen off pallets, while in transit or while stationary in the chambers.
- Operate a pallet-jack to load/off-load trucks or trolleys or vehicles of any description as instructed by the supervisor.
- While on duty, wear prescribed protective clothing, where applicable, and adhere to laid-down safety procedures and standards
- Ensure that equipment and material are used in accordance with OHS Act and NOSA requirements.
- Take full responsibility for quality assurance plan in working place
- Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Grade 9 NQF level 1
- Up to 3 months relevant experience
How to apply
In the subject line please type: CLEANER / STACKER
All applications must have attached the following:
- Cover Letter
- A concise CV
- Certified copies of ID and supporting qualifications
If not, your application will be rejected.
Please forward all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If not contacted within 12 weeks of closing date, consider your application as being unsuccessful.