Northen Cape, South Africa
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
Get customer satisfaction by installing, repairing, inspecting and commissioning service, considering economical and other aspects. Problem solving by using of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately in different kinds of situations. Knowledge of the tasks, tools and procedures associated with providing technical support to the sales team and prospective customers.
Key Performance Areas:
To service and/or maintain Mining Equipment through:
- Machine availability
- Customer relation
- Safety, health and environmental effectiveness
This service is rendered to Sandvik clients (internal and external) this position is for a field service technician, represent Sandvik fleet, sharing knowledge on the following equipment; Surface drill fleet, D25KS, D45KS, DI650i, DR500 Series. Underground fleet; Drill rigs DL421 15C, DD 321, DD210, DD2720. Bolters DS 311, DS411. Loaders; LH517 LH410, LH 307, LH203, EJC 115. Dump Trucks; TH550, TH551, TH320, will be an advantage. The preferred candidate must have vast experience in above mentioned equipment, this is essential. Also, the requirement is to have excellent communication skills, should lead by example, passion to maintain equipment, working according to Sandvik standard & procedures.
- Grade 12 (Matric) or equivalent qualification
- Trade Certificate of Competence – Diesel Mechanic, Auto Electrical, Millwright
- Minimum 2-year experience working as Field Service Technician with proven competence as Earth moving Equipment Technician in the above-mentioned field
- Basic Computer literacy
- Own set of tools
- English proficiency
- Code 08 license
- Full physical & medical certificate to work in mining environment
- Fault finding / electro hydraulic / auto electrical / hydraulic / PLC, remote control offerings
- Underground & surface mining environment, maintaining of earth moving equipment
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers.
Applications close: 18 December 2020
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.