You’ll make it happen
We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities, protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
Venetia Mine is South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine. As we develop the mine underground, it is also one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country. Venetia Underground Project (VUP) is a complexed underground mechanised development, shaft and mine construction project to deliver an operational Sub Level Cave mine operation. Experienced and effective management and control of the project works and mining operations through major contractors (EPC, Mining Contractor) and owner functions is essential for Safe, timely and effective delivery of the project.
As a Reliability Engineer in TMM you are responsible for providing a dedicated focus on maintaining and improving engineering standards and procedures, in the asset strategy and reliability environment with specific focus on trackless mobile equipment.
You will also:
- Provide direction and participate in new equipment specifications.
- Conduct RCM exercises for all new equipment before commissioning
- Provide strategic input to the Asset Manager, amongst other;
- towards setting up – and sustaining a pro-active Asset Management Approach and;
- define a rolling 5-year operational Asset Management Strategy and Equipment management/Improvement Plan
- Develop and reviews RCM based task lists for all critical equipment
- Lead the development of Life Cycle Cost models for major equipment.
- Employ sound reliability engineering principles and methods
- Undertake research and investigate the latest technology trends
- B.Eng. degree/Higher Diploma /N6 Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Professional registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ESCA) will be advantageous
Experience & Knowledge required:
- At least seven years post Engineering qualifications experience in maintenance management or reliability engineering roles
- At least five years’ experience in a maintenance management or leadership position
- Experience in defect elimination for diverse fleets of trackless mobile equipment
- Good oral presentation and technical writing skills
- Diverse knowledge of maintenance practices, techniques and risks associated with UG mining trackless mobile machinery
- Anglo American Asset Tactics Development program
- Anglo American AMPDP program
- Anglo American ORM A3 program
- Anglo American TFM program
- Valid EB/Code 08 Drivers License
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate), Heat Tolerance Testing and Security clearance on mine
Who we are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
- For all internal applicants,you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV.
This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
- Submit applications on or before theCLOSING DATE: 02 December 2020