Bergrivier Municipality ensures the wellbeing of all communities within the Bergrivier region through economic growth, social wellbeing, community involvement and effective management within a safe and healthy environment. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply Bergrivier Municipality with its head office in Piketberg and approximately an hour’s drive from Cape Town currently has the following vacancy and awaits applications from competent persons who comply with the minimum job requirements.
DIRECTORATE: TECHNICAL SERVICES
(Piketberg, unless stated otherwise)
GENERAL WORKER: ROADS AND STORMWATER (VELDDRIF)
Proficiency in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape ∙ High level of responsibility ∙ Ability to give attention to detail ∙ The incumbent must be physically fit and able bodied · Required to work in all weather conditions · Must be prepared to enter confined areas such as manholes, inlets, pipes and culverts · Required to work outside normal working hours during emergencies and planned overtime · Must perform duties in the whole area of the municipality when required. Key Performance Areas: Performs general labouring activities associated with the maintenance and repair work to roads, storm water and drainage systems using hand held tools (spade, pick-axe, wheelbarrow, rake, fork and broom) to excavate defined areas ∙ Laying of materials and reinforcement products (concrete blocks) ∙ Cleaning or clearing blockages and removing debris from drainage systems and sweeping sidewalks.
Salary: R 106 236.00 annually (T04 of a Category 3 Local Authority)
Date of acceptance: 01 October 2020 or as soon as possible
Enquiries: Mr A Petersen 022 783 1112
1. A service bonus equivalent to one month’s salary, where applicable, will be payable and be supplemented by the normal benefits applicable to the Municipality incuding a housing allowance for home owners subject to certain conditions.
2. The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and respects the conditions of the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to candidates who comply with the Employment Equity Targets.
3. The Municipality is not bound to make any appointment.
4. All applicants will be subjected to police clearance with the concent of the applicant.
5. Applications received after the closing date or which have been received without the documentation mentioned below, will not be considered.
6. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants can regard their applications as being unsuccessful if no feedback has been received within six weeks from the closing date.
7. Canvassing of any councillor and/or member of the Appointment Committee and/or any personnel member of the Municipality will not be allowed and will immediately disqualify applicants.
8. In addition to the minimum job requirements and station mentioned herein, applicants may be expected to work overtime or be on standby, as well as render services in other parts within the municipal area, as required.
9. Appointment in certain posts is subject to a security clearance and applicants will also undergo an interview and evaluation process and where necessary, write a trade test.
A covering letter with three contactable references, must accompany the completed prescribed application form (available on request at Tel. 022 9136000 or on the municipality’s website www.bergmun.org.za) with certified copies of the necessary qualification certificates, ID document, Drivers Licence and a Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 3 pages), (only one post per application form) to reach the Municipal offices, Piketberg or mailed to P O Box 60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of Ms W Terry Thomas by no later than the closing date.
NO FAXES OR ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 04 SEPTEMBER 2020 AT 15H00
ADV H LINDE 13 CHURCH STREET
MUNICIPAL MANAGER P O BOX 60