Job Title: Confirmations Clerk (Clinical)
Location: Netcare Femina Hospital, Pretoria
The successful incumbent is responsible for daily communication with medical aids, nursing staff and medical practitioners regarding confirmations of medical aids and payments.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties of the post include but are not limited to the following, and are carried out in accordance with Netcare’s Policies and Procedures. The objective of this post is to render and promote cost effective quality patient care in accordance with hospital standards and policies
- To ensure all confirmation processes are followed as per policy.
- To ensure all patients have a pre-authorization number.
- To ensure all information is conveyed to medical aid.
- To ensure all information received from medical aids is captured on the system and where necessary conveyed to appropriate persons.
- Assist with the application of clinical knowledge in the risk management of patients in terms of length of stay, level of care and ICD and CPT coding.
- Any other duties assigned by manager from time to time.
- Participate in communication forum committee.
- Ensure that patient surveys are done on a daily basis.
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4 Qualification
- Previous Confirmations Clerk experience advantageous
- Clinical background advantageous
- Knowledge of ICD10 and CPT 4 coding is required
- Hospital, medical reception or medical scheme experience is advantageous
- Must be computer literate
- SAP knowledge advantageous
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively fax application details to 086 7296919
If your application is not successful, we retain your CV and other information provided for a period of 6 months after which it will be destroyed in a secure manner. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.