20 July 2020
Garden Route National Park
Wilderness Ebb-and-Flow Rest Camp
An opportunity currently exists for an emerging contractor in Garden Route National Park â Wilderness Section, as part of an Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP), SANParks Infrastructure Maintenance Programme funded by the National Department of Tourism. The duration of the project is until 31 October 2021.
The focus and conditions of the EPWP is local employment, and as such only small contractors within 50 km radius of the Wilderness Section can apply.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their applications with the following documents (any copies of an original document must be certified):
- Detailed CV
- Certified copy of Qualification, i.e. Grade 12 certificate
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Certified copy of Driverâs license
- Certified copy of PDP license
- Certified copy of Company registration document (if applicable)
- Proof of vehicle ownership â either vehicle registration and or lease/rental agreement
- Tax clearance
- Letter of Good Standing from Compensation Commissioner
- Central Supplier Database form (if applicable)
The application must be submitted to:
Ms Amanda Swartbooi
Project Administrator â I & SP Unit
SANParks: Garden Route National Park
Email CV to Xolelwa.Swartbooi@sanparks.org
Enquires: Xolelwa Swartbooi /Siyanda Myataza contact â 042 281 1607 / 076 500 8124
Or hand-delivered to:
Human Resource Office
Wilderness National Park
Attention: Nadia Brooks
Applications that have not been responded to within 14 days should be regarded as unsuccessful.
NB: The programme shall prioritise opportunities for Youth, Women and people living with disabilities, consistent with the EPWP employment equity objectives.
Please make the subject line: EPWP CONTRACTOR â WILDERNESS SECTION
- Grade 12.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in infrastructure maintenance/construction is essential.
- Must be in possession or have access to a suitable vehicle and its roadworthy certificate that will be able to transport a minimum of 10 people for the duration of the contract (if shortlisted, the vehicle will be inspected).
- Valid driverâs license.
- General knowledge and understanding of allocating technical projects and supervising teams.
- Good verbal and oral communication skills.
- Must be COIDA Registered with valid Letter of Good Standing.
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate for the company.
- Must have South African citizenship.
- Must be an HDI (Historically Disadvantaged Individual) from the listed locality and communities.
- Must be registered on Government Central Supplier Database (CSD), or in a position to do so within two weeks of appointment.
- Previous experience in administration will be an added advantage.
- Health and Safety, First Aid level two certificate will be an added advantage.
- Construction Industry Development Board grading will be an added advantage.
- A registered business would be an added advantage
- Valid PDP is essential as per EPWP requirements.
Applicable EPWP Conditions
- Must not be receiving a state pension or assistance from a social security system (a contractor may be receiving a disability grant).
- Must not have taken a state VSP (Voluntary Severance Package).
- Must not be employed elsewhere or participate in a contract.
- Must be the only one in their household who works for the EPWP programme.
- May not be financially involved with or from the immediate family of any SANParks staff member or Project Advisory Committee member.
- An approved EPWP daily wage will be paid to the contractor, skilled, semi-skilled and labourers as per approved business plan.
- Manage, supervise and delegate work to general infrastructure maintenance team/s on a labour-only basis.
- Operational planning for the implementation of works.
- Manage the finances of the contracting team.
- Recruitment of EPWP participants according to applicable conditions.
- Administration, i.e. complete attendance registers, pay sheet for workers, vehicle log sheets, and incident register.
- Record keeping of daily activities (production record).
- Liaise with the Project Manager and Technical Services Manager within the National Park.
- Ensure health & safety compliance.
- Conform to the legal requirements relating to transport and labour issues.