Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
DHL Express 20002IT 25. June, 2020
GROUND OPERATIONS MANAGER
RCS GRADE I
REPORTING TO OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
LOCATION – JOHANNESBURG
Would you like to become part of the world’s most international company?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our Insanely Customer Centric; Team and become a Certified International Specialist!
To ensure compliance to Global SOP for South Africa through the implementation of correct processes and procedures.
- Implementation of new processes and project where they are required.
- Manage, direct and enhance growth of all service centres within fiscal parameters.
- Motivated People – Development of departmental staff, encouraging high levels of motivation.
- Handling of escalated queries and complaints timeously.
- Ensure effective communications are in place with key managers, staff and other network resources.
- Great Service Quality – Manage Operations performance against service levels and exceed globally set targets.
- Regular and ongoing analysis of performance and planning corrective / enhancing actions.
- Setting and managing targets and performance appraisals.
- Profitable Network – by increasing productivity (SPORH/SPR), manage operational budget within parameters, contain/reduce operational costs.
- University degree and relevant operations qualifications.
- Significant years operations experience, preferably within transportation or logistics industry, minimum 2 years at management level.
- Intermediate proficiency skills in MS Suite Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Solid Communication skills in English: spoken and written.
- Proven track record of managing an operational facility withdirect reports.
- Abilityto plan, organize, control & manage risks.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application!