Mototolo, South Africa
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
Provides technical support in mechanical maintenance. Maintains and improves machines and equipment to increase or maintain a high level of reliability, availability, cost efficiency and performance.
Key Performance Areas
- Mechanical maintenance operations.
- Preventive maintenance, perform corrective actions, supports planning and preparation, monitors outcome, documentation (outcome, root cause, time, improvements).
- Work in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Achievement of maintenance targets.
- Follow quality and cleanliness standards.
- Communication of operational status and any deviations.
- Safety and housekeeping (5S) requirements.
- Continuous improvements and development on a personal and operational level.
- Grade 12 / N3 Technical Qualification / Equivalent Qualification
- Basic Computer literacy
- English proficiency
- Relevant mining experience (5 years)
- Relevant mechanised mining experience (5 years)
- Underground/surface mining environment
- Maintenance of earthmoving equipment in mining/construction environment
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers.
Applications close: 01 July 2020
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.