Location: Tshipi é Ntle Manganese Mining, Kathu, Northern CapeREPORTING TO: Training Superintendent
DIRECT REPORTS N/APURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To plan, develop and deliver training interventions on Engineering discipline.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Internal Business Process Perspective
Training, delivery and facilitation:
1. To plan, develop, deliver, evaluate and analyse training and education
to plan, develop and deliver training interventions and standards to ensure a
2. Excellent planning, organisational and performance abilities with respect to:
• Development of learning material and methods
• Implement and achieve agreed upon strategic objectives
• Presentation of skills programmes and Learnerships
• Training, evaluation and assessment of learners and conducting of on-the-job training
• SHE adherence and alignment to ensure that safety targets are achieved
• Follow assessment methodologies and conduct assessments as per ISO standards
• Adhere to company financial management principles, practices, policies and procedures
• Address the requirements of Section 10 of the Mine Health and Safety Act
• Provide direction and leadership to the busseness units and business partners
3. Key Performance Areas:
• Delivery of training and quality assurance
• Coach and guide trainees
• Design, develop and maintain training programmes and assessments.
• Conduct training and assessments.
• Ensure compliance with MQA and ISO standards
• Assist with team change initiatives.
• Support team improvement projects and assist with implementation.
• Act in accordance with assigned activities and training involving the
• relevant stakeholders or people.
• Take responsibility for own performance.
• Comply to relevant legislative.
• Identify job related unsafe practices and potential hazardous situations
• using a checklist.
• Sustain relations through communication and conduct.
4. Perform general administration and document control.
1. Manages own performance in terms of agreed KPIs.
2. Identifies gaps in own development and works to master skills and competencies within own role to ensure personal development and performance.
Contribution to team:
1. Contributes to the attainment of team and organisational goals by demonstrating team commitment and collaboration.
2. Values and respects team members and others within the organisation.
3. Demonstrates inclusivity and values diversity.
4. Shares knowledge and best practice that will benefit the team.
Internal Customer relationship management:
1. Manages customer expectations and requirements to deliver effective and efficient Training services to the business in line with company values and standards.
2. Takes ownership of customer complaints and uses technical knowledge and insight to resolve issues and problems accurately and timeously.
3. Drives customer satisfaction through the provision of Training services and advice.
4. Builds and maintains key customer relationships including:
• Human Resources team;
• Mine Management;
• Employees and contractor.
5. Drives customer centricity and service levels of the organisation through the delivery of Training service excellence.
Stakeholder engagement and management:
1. Negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to promote the business and service objectives of the company.
2. Ensures that the needs of organisational stakeholders are prioritised and managed including:
• Colleagues, contractors and employees;
• Outsourced training service provider.
3. Works with management and employees to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Grade 12 or NQF level 4 equivalent
Engineering Trade Test (Preferably Milwright)
OD ETDP Level 4
Train the trainer qualification
OD ETDP Level 5 or National Diploma in HRM/HRD
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• 3 years experience as an artisan
• 2 Years’ relevant training experience within the engineering discipline
• Facilitation skills
• Mentoring and coaching
• Knowledge of relevant legislation
• Planning, organizing and coordination skills
• Ability to work without Supervision
People focused & embraces diversity
Drive and enthusiasm
• Advanced communication skills, both written and oral
• Operate multi-media equipment
• Good presentation skills
• Strong administrative skills
• Coaching and mentoring skills
Enquiries Applicants who meet the key requirements of the job must apply via the Tshipi website: www.tshipi.co.za, click on Opportunities, click on the relevant vacancy and apply, on or before 25 June 2020.