|Job Title||Machine Attendant|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Location – Province||Western Cape|
|Location – Operations||Bonnievale|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
|Job Description||Join Parmalat at our Bonnievale Plant as a Machine Attendant in the Cheese Cheese. Will be responsible for scanning, record keeping and sampling of cheese into storage system. Taking samples of each pallet for chemical analyses. This exciting career opportunity at Parmalat SA will enable you to play your part in ensuring that the company achieves its challenging objectives during the next phase of its growth in South Africa.|
|Required Skills||• Grade 12 or equivalent|
• Computer literate
• To be a team player
• At least 2 years experiences within a manufacturing environment and food handling and hygiene essential
• Must be able to work shifts, overtime, on weekends and public holidays
• Basic dairy knowledge
• Physical strength and good health to move pallets of cheese and handling for 8 hours 20kg cheeses
|Duties & Responsibilities||• Responsible for the machine/computer/towers/vacuum machine being operate.|
• Scan press and palletize cheese.
• Seal cheese.
• Monitoring of the production process and general housekeeping on and around the machine.
• Responsible for scanning, record keeping and sampling of cheese into storage system. Very important because of stock control.
• Taking samples of each pallet for chemical analyses.
• Take lab samples for testing.
• Responsible to clean and organize the pre-cooling room and help with the testing and filling of salt hoppers and other duties like operating the mozz equipment.
• Key 1: Cleaning of working area
• Responsible for palletizing and the numbering of the Mozzarella and Bulk Cheese to ensure traceability
• Takes care of the equipment, identify problems and report defects on the line to the Team Leader.
• Maintain safety and food safety standards
• Filling, sealing and packing of blocks cheese
• Operating the scale and ensuring the correct information is used on the product.
• Operate mozz equipment. *Help to maintain safety and quality standards.