|Job||Institution: Vredendal Hospital (West Coast District)|
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work on Public Holidays.
- Ability to work and handle laundry machinery and equipment.
- Good verbal, reading, numeracy and written communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety prescripts.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Provide a professional washing, drying, folding and ironing of linen and other textile services to the institution and clinics.
- Collect, receive and distribute laundry to and from wards and clinics as well as monitor the quality of work and keep laundry clean.
- Assist with the mixing of washing chemicals and ensure and maintain hygiene and safety regulation standards.
- Ensure effective and efficient stock control.
- Responsible for the emptying of soiled linen bags for sorting, counting, sealing and stacking of packed clean linen bags for despatch.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Ons Kontrei 19/7/2019, PSVC 25/2019).