Flight Data Controller
An exciting vacancy exists at King Shaka International Airport for an experienced Flight Data Controller within the Airport Management division
Key Performance Outputs
The successful candidate, reporting to the Senior Flight Data Controller will be responsible for the following:
- Accurately capture air traffic movement data which include aircraft landing, take-off and parking times;
- Monitor all radio frequencies and escalate non-compliance;
- Source estimated time of arrival/departure of various aircraft operators;
- Conduct regular and thorough audits as per the audit schedule;
- Update flight information display system (FIDS) data to provide passengers and airport users with up to date flight information;
- Reconciliation of Air traffic and Navigation Service logs and Airport Management System movements;
- Responsible for flight allocation schedules and non-scheduled operations;
- Manage and coordinate airport resources;
- Handle financial transactions and receive cash;
- Adhere to statutory regulations, organizational standards, policies and procedures. Report non-compliance and implement corrective actions to ensure compliance.
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such, will be required:
- Higher Certificate in Logistics / commercial / operational is essential.
- National Diploma an added advantage.
- 1 – 2 years Aeronautical documentation experience is essential.
- 1-year Stakeholder engagement experience.
- MS Office proficiency at intermediate level.
The ideal candidate must be results driven. Must know how to build relationships with and deliver services to both internal and external customers with a focus on their needs. Candidate must have ability to solve challenging problems by using a combination of intuition and analytical thinking. Attention to detail is critical in this position and the ideal candidate must be a decisive and accurate individual.
This position will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under- represented and will also be advertised externally.
: King Shaka International
: Business Operations-COR (13000P)
: Apr 17, 2019, 12:00:00 AM
: May 1, 2019, 11:59:00 PM