|Job||Institution: Karl Bremer Hospital (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)|
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate Porter experience in a hospital environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, including nightshift, weekends and on public holidays.
- Ability to perform tasks such as lifting patients from/onto beds trolleys and wheelchairs.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work in a team.
- Must be prepared to handle bodies (corpses).
- Must be of sober habits.
- Willingness to attend in-service training.
- Ability to speak in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enjoys good health, especially no back problems.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Accompany walking patients and transport sitting/non-walking patients per wheelchair/trolley from reception to the wards or from the wards to the treatment centres.
- Direct route or accompany visitors to various destinations.
- Assist with the loading of patients in/out of ambulances/vehicles.
- Render assistance to nursing staff with the transfer of patients to beds/trolleys and vice versa.
- Carry medical and other documentation (patient files, reports, etc.) to wards/treatment areas.
- Assist with shifting of medical equipment to and from rooms.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of trolleys and wheelchairs including the replacement of trolley linen when necessary.
- Report any defects to trolleys/wheelchairs to supervisor.
- Reply to requests from wards/clinics.
- Assist with the transportation of corpses from wards to the mortuary and entering detail in mortuary register.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Tygerburger 10/4/2019, PSVC 14/2019.