SA Metal Group is South Africa’s oldest and largest metal recycling company, and proudly turns 100 years old in 2019. The Group purchases and processes all forms of ferrous metals (steel and others) and non-ferrous metals (aluminium, copper and others) from industrial enterprises, scrap metal dealers and private individuals. Our processing facilities are located in and around Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
A sales representative focuses on buying all types of scrap metal from wherever it may be generated. A sales representative must communicate and negotiate with scrap suppliers of all types, with the aim of buying as much scrap metal as possible, at the best possible price. A sales representative is responsible for dealing with any complaints or enquiries that his/her clients might have. A sales representative must endeavor to find new scrap-generating customers, wherever they may arise. A sales representative must at all times conduct him/herself in such a manner that reflects the professional and ethical values of the Group.
- A minimum Grade 12 certificate.
- At least 3 years of general sales experience, preferably in manufacturing, engineering or allied industries / alternatively experience as a buyer of scrap metals.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to interact with people from diverse cultures
- Interpersonal skills
- Reporting skills
- Time management
- Ability to work independently
- Strong sense of integrity
- Negotiating skills
Interested applicants are required to forward their CV. We regret that we cannot contact all applicants regarding their status. Should you not be contacted by us within 14 days from the date of your submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.