- Matric (Grade 12)
- A diploma/degree in facilities management or OHS
- At least 3 years’ experience in the application of OHS requirements in a similar environment (building and/or facilities)
- Valid Drivers license
- Developing, implementing and monitoring health and safety policies, practices and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Compiling safety files for all sites
- Ensuring safe work practices
- Investigating reports on dangerous working conditions
- Reporting to management
- Ensuring sites are audit ready
- Investigating workplace injuries and compiling necessary documentation for COIDA and DOL
- Compiling DSTI’s and checklists for safe work practices
- Ensuring a safe environment
- Responding to emergencies as required
- Facilities – facilitate building & maintenance projects across campuses.
- Monitor outsourced services for compliance
- OHS – conduct regular inspections across campuses to ensure compliance by staff, contractors & service providers
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Proficient in MS Projects
- At least 2 years’ experience in building/facility management, construction and administration
Permanent position subject to 12 months’ probation
Applications must be submitted on the Z83 application form, obtainable from our website and must be accompanied by a covering letter and updated CV inclusive of three (3) contactable references, certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all qualifications with academic transcripts / statement of results, I.D document and valid driver’s license (if required).
Please indicate reference number of the post which you are applying for on your application form. Candidates who apply for more than one post, should complete a separate application form for each post.
Only original application forms hand delivered at 85 Bird Street, Stellenbosch, 7600 or posted will be accepted. Applications received after the closing date as well as those faxed or emailed will NOT be accepted. Applications must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Head Office, Boland College, Private Bag X5068, Stellenbosch 7599.
ENQUIRIES: 021 886 7111
Appointment will be made in line with DHET’s Employment Equity Plan. If you have not heard from us within 60 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. DHET reserves the right not to make an appointment.
40 hours per week
As soon as possible
R299 709 per annum plus benefits. Benefits include a thirteenth cheque. Membership of the Government Employees Pension Fund (GEPF) is compulsory. Employees may also be eligible to receive a Home owner’s housing allowance and the employer’s medical aid subsidy. Details regarding the fringe benefits are available on request.
11 February 2019
021 – 886 7111