|Job||Institution: Worcester Regional Hospital (Chief Directorate: Rural Health Services)|
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience in the Health Sector Porter services.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, including nightshift, weekends and public holidays.
- Must be of sober habits, physically fit to lift patients and heavy equipment.
- Physically able to be on one’s feet for long periods.
- Must be prepared to handle bodies (corpses).
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the safe infection prevention methods.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, unsupervised and in a team context.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Efficient and safe-handling transportation of patients.
- Assist with the loading of patients in/out of ambulances/vehicles.
- Render assistance to nursing staff with the transfer of patients to beds/trolleys and vice versa.
- Effective and efficient management of mortuary services, including transportation of corpses from wards to the mortuary and entering detail in mortuary register.
- Efficient and effective control of equipment and reporting any defects to trolleys/wheelchairs to supervisor.
- Effective support to Human Resource functions.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a competency test.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Worcester Standard 31/01/2019, PSVC 4/2019.