|Job||Institution: Citrusdal Hospital (West Coast District)|
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer`s contribution to the pension fund, Housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Willingness to work overtime and do standby duties as well as driver functions.
- Physically able to perform duties required and to handle heavy equipment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the application of the requirements of the Machinery and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to optimally utilise allocated resources such as tools and materials.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Complete and efficient execution of instructions which include, amongst others, general maintenance.
- Assist with engineering projects, maintenance and repairs, installations and alterations and the planning thereof.
- Strict adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Assist Artisan/Handyman in the performance of their duties, as well as driver function when the need arises, in the whole Sub-district.
- Exercise control over tools, equipment and materials.
- Provide effective support to supervisor and colleagues.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. A practical test will form part of the selection procedure.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Ons Kontrei 30/11/2018, PSVC 48/2018.