Institution: Vredendal Hospital (West Coast District)
Core Title: Nursing and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Basic R425 qualification (i.e. diploma/degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Professional Nurse.
- A post-basic nursing qualification with a duration of at least 1 year, accredited with the SANC in Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing Science.
Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse.
- Grade 1: A minimum of 4 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing.
- Grade 2: A minimum of 14 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- At least 10 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognisable experience in the specific specialty after obtaining the 1 year post-basic qualification in the relevant specialty as mentioned above.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts and overtime.
- Valid (Code E/B) driver’s licence.
- Assist with relief duties and partake in overall specialised area functions, i.e. team building, supervision, training, workshops and updates.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge and insight of relevant legislation and policy related to this nursing speciality within the public sector.
- Ability to promote quality patient care through the setting, implementation and monitoring of standards.
- Effective communication, interpretation, leadership, decision-making and conflict resolution and organisational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape (verbal and written).
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Provide optimal, holistic specialised nursing care with set standards and within a professional/legal framework.
- Effective management and utilisation of human and financial resources to ensure optimal operational functions. Participate in training and research is essential.
- Organise a cost effective service on a daily basis and provide support to supervisor and management.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Candidates who are not in possession of the required qualifications will be appointed into the general stream, and they will be required to obtain the necessary qualifications within a predetermined period of time. “Candidates who are not in possession of the stipulated registration requirements, may also apply. Such candidates will only be considered for appointment on condition that proof of application for registration to register with the relevant council and proof of payment of the prescribed registration fees to the relevant council are submitted with their job application/on appointment. This concession is only applicable on health professionals who apply for the first time for registration in a specific category with the relevant council (including individuals who must apply for change in registration status)”
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Argus/Burger 8/12/2018, Ons Kontrei 14/12/2018, PSVC 50/2018.
|Salary||Grade 1: R 362 559 (PN-B1) per annum, Grade 2: R 445 917 (PN-B2) per annum|
|Applications To||The Manager: Medical Services, Vredendal Hospital|
Private Bag X21
(For attention:Ms ME Tangayi)
|Closing Date||28 December 2018|
|Enquiries||Ms AG Nieuwoudt|
Tel: (027) 213-2039