BOILERMAKER SF X3: C2 MOGALAKWENA CONCENTRATORS LIMPOPO INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
- Job Number: 727819
- Business Unit / Group Function: Platinum
- Work type: Full Time Permanent
- Discipline: Engineering
- Location: Limpopo
- Site: Mogalakwena Concentrator
BOILERMAKER PLATER SF C2
ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM, MOGALAKWENA CONCENTRATORS
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL VACANCY
Purpose of the role
The Boilermaker Plater needs provides engineering technical service to a surface area. Maintain, install and commission of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in the area of responsibility.
Work of Role
Achievement of safe production performance levels through the effective maintenance of equipment
- Attend and conduct Safety meeting
- Conducts and participate in Risk assessments
- Attend to Breakdowns and emergencies as required
- Ensure that material, spares and equipment are available as required
- Ensure proper and adequate on the job training and coaching is provided to subordinate
- Comply to environmental requirements
- Exercise judgment with regards to replacement of components
- Maintains a high quality of work
- Records results of all legal examinations in the appropriate format
- Works in a sequence that prioritizes work requirements
- Completing job cards and description of work and spares used (PM’s)
- Performing work to the required standards and specifications
- Applying appropriate tools to complete tasks
Good employee relations
- Ensuring effective teamwork
- Identify potential conflict situations and minimize the implications of possible conflict
- Ensure that subordinates have clear work expectations and plans
- Conduct on the job induction
- Support, coach and participate in the training and development of subordinates and apprentices
- Effective two way open communication with subordinates and line supervisor
- Report at risk behavior, incidents and injuries
- Interacting with other departments
- Advising defects and abnormalities to appropriate supervisor or manager
- Recommend employees suitable for career developing
Qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills:
- Grade 10 or Technical Trade Specific N2
- Certified Competent as Boilermaker or Boilermaker Trade Certificate
- English literate (speak, read and write)
- Must be able to do standby and overtime
- Must be familiar with risk assessments procedures
- Valid driving license code 08
- Basic Computer Skills
- Certificate of fitness
- Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s Employment Equity Policy.
- Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered.
- Application will not be considered without a valid copy of the qualification and/or the license required for this role.
- Interested Internal candidates can apply as follows: click on EUREKA! / Tools / Job Opportunities / Click on “Search Here”/ Enter the reference number or job title and continue to apply
- Interested External candidates can apply as follows: www.angloamerican.com / Careers/ Job Opportunities / Click on Apply/ Job search / Enter the reference number or job title and continue to apply
- If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Fraud Alert! Help us beat fraud.
Anglo American Platinum would never ask you for money in exchange for a job interview. Anglo American Platinum has a formal online recruitment process to advertise vacancies, which provides a unique job number for tracking purposes. Visit AngloAmerican.jobopportunities for more details. Please be cautious of anyone claiming to be from, Anglo American Platinum who makes false job offers, asks for money to participate in an employment process or runs a fake job lottery.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you might have received a suspicious email or sms. Report all suspicious activity to your local law enforcement authorities.”
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time