|Job||Institution: Oral Health Centres, Tygerberg/Mitchells Plain (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)|
Core Title: Nursing and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Basic R425 qualification (diploma/degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as Professional Nurse.
Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse (Proof of annual licence receipt).
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Willingness to work on the platform of the Oral Health Centre, Tygerberg/Mitchells Plain.
- A minimum of 8 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- At least 3 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognisable experience at management level.
- Excellent conflict management, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and amicably at management level with people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Knowledge of legislation relative to the Health Care Service and policies of the Department of Health.
- Proficiency in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Coordinate, supervise and delegate the provision of effective and efficient patient care through quality nursing care within set standards and legal framework.
- Participate in analysis, formulation and implementation of nursing guidelines, practices, standards and procedures.
- Manage and monitor the cost effective utilisation of human, financial and physical resources.
- Coordinate the provision of effective training and research.
- Provide effective support to Nursing Services and maintain professional self-development.
- Monitor the cleaning/maintenance services of the Institution.
- Coordinate and process SPMS.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Argus/Burger 10/11/2018, PSVC 46/2018.