The Campus Health and Wellness Centre a Division of Student Affairs at the University of the Witwatersrand actively promotes the provision of efficient health care services on Campus for the optimal well-being of members of the University community.
A vacancy for a Basic Ambulance Assistant has become available and suitable candidates are requested to apply.
· Matric Certificate
· Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
· Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
· Minimum of 2 year experience.
Must have excellent interpersonal and team work skills;
Must be flexible and be prepared to work at various Campuses and occasionally after hours;
Computer literacy is essential;
Must have a valid driver’s license plus PDP.
· Respond to emergency call out anywhere on Campus within the precincts of the University and all the Residences within and outside the University.
· Manage emergency incoming and outgoing calls.
Makes medical decisions at the emergency scene that falls within his/her scope of practice and under direct and indirect supervision of a Paramedic.
Collaborate with fire fighters and police in evaluating the situation as the first health care provider at the scene of the emergency if need be.
· Referral of ill or injured patients for tertiary health care at Campus Health, and life threatening conditions to the hospital.
· Attending to emergency walk-ins at the clinic
· Assist the clinical staff with dressing of wounds.
· Screening of patients at the clinic.
· Maintain and monitor all emergency equipment in his/her care
· Maintain accurate record keeping including compilation of daily statistics.
To apply, Submit a covering letter with a detailed CV with the names, addresses and contact details of 3 referees, certified copies of qualification and the current Registrationwith the Health Profession’s Council
External applicants are invited to apply, by registering their profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting their application. Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/“Apply for a job”
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.