Murray & Roberts Cementation invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Safety Officer. The successful candidate will report to the Risk Coordinator. The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates. Applications only open to South African Citizens / Permanent Residents.
- 3 years’ experience or more in a relevant mining or engineering field as a Safety Officer
- Shaft experience would be an advantage
- Conduct Safety Officer duties in line with legal requirements and best practice
- Plan and schedule monthly inspections, record findings and follow up on remedial actions
- Conduct monthly analysis of repetitive deviations / non-conformances and submit report to management.
- Log and maintain all safety documentation on M&RC’s software systems
- Conduct meetings with Health and Safety representatives and provide feedback to management
- Ensure controls called for by the mine’s Baseline Risk Assessment are in place
- Implement safety campaigns and initiatives (Stop. Think. Act. 24/7) required by M&RC and client
- Implement, monitor and report on effectiveness of Major Accident Prevention programme [MAP]
- Effective self and team management in alignment with M&RC values and leadership initiatives
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- National Diploma in Safety / Risk Management or equivalent (advantageous)
- Trade Test Section 26 (D)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Medically fit for underground visits
- RCAT / ICAM / Tap Root training (preferred)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and ISO 45000 standards
- Valid B Driver’s license
- Good English communication skills (Written and verbal)
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- Murray & Roberts reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.