Office cleaners perform various functions, which primarily involve ensuring a clean and safe office environment.
They carry out their tasks within office buildings; and the surface care duties they handle daily may vary, depending on the business activities of the companies they are engaged with.
The top tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly define the office cleaner job description in most organizations are listed below:
- Responsible for floor care, performing various surface tasks, including vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, and spot-cleaning carpets of all office areas and non-production employee lounge
- Responsible for the maintenance of non-production employee lounge tables, chairs, and counters, carrying out tasks such as dusting, spraying, and cleaning
- Responsible for removing trash in office areas and non-production employee lounge
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms daily
- Responsible for cleaning of windows in conference rooms, management offices, etc.
- Perform dusting, disinfecting, and polishing of surfaces and furniture as needed
- May be required to shop for cleaning supplies as needed