Inclusive, supportive and innovative – come and be part of our bright future at Venetia! South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine is currently being developed underground. This opportunity allows you to be part of one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country.
As an Artisan Electrician, you will be responsible for maintaining, installing and commissioning the electrical components of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in the area of responsibility. This role has a legal appointment in terms of the MHSA Act of 1996.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsible for winder control and electrical systems, including but not limited to:
- Compressor control and electrical systems
- Shaft and shaft station control and electrical systems
- Updating of all electrical documentation (drawings, equipment database and datasheets)
- Switching and preventative maintenance tasks on MV equipment in accordance to policies and procedures
- Attend and conduct Safety meeting
- Conducts and participate in Risk assessments
- Allocate tasks to subordinates
- Attend to Breakdowns and emergencies as required
- Ensure that material, spares and equipment are available as required
- Ensure proper and adequate on the job training and coaching is provided to subordinates
- Comply to environmental requirements
- Exercise judgment with regards to replacement of components
- Maintains a high quality of work
- Timely and accurate information
- Records results of all legal examinations in the appropriate format
- Works in a sequence that prioritises work requirements
- Completing job cards and description of work and spares used (PM’s)
- Performing work to the required standards and specifications
- Applying appropriate tools to complete tasks
- Grade 12 / Std 10 / relevant National NQF4 level qualification, with Mathematics and Physical Science
- A relevant trade certificate (Electrical)
- Valid EB/Code 8 Driver’s License
- Computer literacy – Ms Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/ Outlook)
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground which would include Heat Tolerance Testing
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric assessments and a clear security clearance
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
- 5 Years continuous experience in electrical maintenance of which a minimum of 2 years must be winder related
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, call-outs, and work overtime
- Experience on ACS 6000 or similar drive systems would be preferred
- Experience on SIL rated installations would be preferred
Who we are:
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to Apply
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria.
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department, failure to do so would render your application invalid.
- Submit applications on or before the closing date to: https://www.angloamerican.com/careers/job-opportunities