Auto req ID 92158BR
Entity Volvo Trucks
State / Province Mpumalanga
Employment/Assignment Type Regular
Travel Required (maximum) Frequent Travel
Functional Area Aftermarket
Last application date 19-Sep-2019
The main purpose of the job is to produce the required labor hours through maintenance and repair work, in accordance with the Company quality and efficiency standards.
Reporting: This position reports to the Team Leader
- Fault-finding and diagnosis on Volvo Products by interpreting product “under performance” and/or failure.Interpret and implement information in Volvo Manual and Service Literature.
- By following directives provided in Workshop Manuals, produce work of Volvo acceptable standards.
- Follow repair, maintenance instructions and specifications as per the manual.
- Ensure excellence in customer service delivery through meticulously following procedures/processes.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports on diagnosis, assessment of component/part, failures, observations, actions and recommendations.
- Follow procedures for breakdown work:
- Liaise with driver before responding to customer breakdowns;
- Ensure the correct documentation is in place and accurately completed before submission.
- Compliance to ISO 9001 and other Safety standards.
Education & Job Experience
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- 3 years in maintenance and repairs of commercial vehicles.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to read all relevant measuring equipment.
- Knowledge/skills to effect correct repair work.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and specifications and put into practice.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Computer literate.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.