The purpose of this role is to scour sedimentation tanks by means of Desludging bridges thus ensuring the efficient removal of sludge.
• NQF level 3/N2 Water and Waste water treatment plant • One-year water purification experience • Computer literate • A valid Code B driver’s licence and the ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 test. • Physically fit and strong
• Operation of Desludging bridges according to schedule. • Transfer of bridges to next system • Reporting of defects on bridges to Sludge Supervisor • Assistance with fault finding and repairs on bridges • Cleaning of bridge platform and cabin on a daily basis • Taking of samples and testing for sludge density on operational bridges and make adjustment accordingly. • Reporting of injuries and incidents to the Sludge Supervisor
• Knowledge of the water purification process • Knowledge of safety and safe working procedures
• Good interpersonal skills • Good communication skills (verbal & written) • Good housekeeping skills
• Accurate and systematic approach • Self-motivated • Team player • Safety conscious