|Company||Barloworld Logistics Africa|
|Location||Isando, Gauteng, South Africa|
The main purpose of the job is to carry out hot work repairs within OEM and/or company standards and specifications for commercial vehicle which includes truck tractors, trailers, semi-trailers, tankers and auxiliary equipment.
1. Strip and assess damaged body components of commercial vehicles.
2. Provide detailed materials list (new and/or repaired part) for quotation purposes.
3. Repair, refurbish or fabricate body and structural components of commercial vehicles within OEM and/ company standards and specifications.
4. Ensure highest quality finish according to standards and specifications.
5. Complete job cards for sign off (individual and supervisor/foreman).
6. Complete all relevant administrative requirements.
7. Work according to OE and company standard repair times.
8. Ensure integrity of all related tools of the trade.
9. Choose alternative ways of carrying out tasks (innovation).
10. Operate electrical and mechanical equipment pertaining to the job, i.e. power tools.
11. Work according to occupational health and safety requirements.
12. Supervision of employees, where applicable (incl. general worker or apprentice).
13. Co-ordination and collaboration of employees working on the same vehicle.
14. Helping where needed and carrying out any reasonable requests
Matric/ Grade 12 with Mathematics and English
Trade tested boiler maker or Trade tested fabricator/ body builder
Coded welding certificates advantageous
Certificate of fitness (COF)
Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a trailer manufacturing/ repair environment.
In-depth understanding of the tools of the trade.
Advanced knowledge of strengths and properties of materials.
Advanced knowledge of body and panel repair techniques.
Knowledge of cost effective repair methods (repair vs replace).
Understanding of OE repair requirements.
Understand instructions in English.
Communicate effectively in English.
Demonstrates a technical aptitude and ability.
|Job Closing Date||30/08/2019|