ENGINEERING ASSISTANT B6 X 4
ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM, MOGALAKWENA SOUTH CONCENTRATOR
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL VACANCY
Purpose of the role
The Engineering Assistant B6 provides a pool of support of multi discipline engineering, technical skills and is required to support all the Engineering Foreman/Artisan to whom the individual is allocated to perform work.
Work of Role
Quality support to Engineering Department
- Receive and follow instructions from Engineering Foreman/Artisan
- Perform necessary maintenance and repair work on equipment.
- Perform basic fault-finding activities on defective units and maintenance actions.
- Request equipment and stock requisitions required
- Completing job cards and description of work and spares used
- Perform dismantling, repair, re-assembly and installation tasks
- Report any malfunctioning to Engineering Foreman/Artisan – Complying with maintenance/breakdown schedules
- Completing role administration requirements
- Comply with Operational Risk Management Programme – (A1 Safety)
- Follow work instructions to set standards and procedures
- Perform and apply skills to the maintenance of equipment
- Ensure proper communication of the required work
- Ensure that material is not wasted
- Ensure that all required tools, material and spares are available to perform tasks
Qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills:
- Minimum Grade 12 Maths and Science or Recognised Technical Trade subjects (N2)
- Completed Repairperson Discipline Specific training
- Communications in English
- Multi-disciplined Engineering knowledge
- Complete Engineering Repairperson Discipline Specific training
- Certificate of fitness
- Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s Employment Equity Policy.
- Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered.
- Application will not be considered without a valid copy of the qualification and/or the license required for this role.
- Interested Internal candidates can apply as follows: click on EUREKA! / Tools / Job Opportunities / Click on “Search Here”/ Enter the reference number or job title and continue to apply
- Interested External candidates can apply as follows: www.angloamerican.com / Careers/ Job Opportunities / Click on Apply/ Job search / Enter the reference number or job title and continue to apply
- If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Fraud Alert! Help us beat fraud.
Anglo American Platinum would never ask you for money in exchange for a job interview. Anglo American Platinum has a formal online recruitment process to advertise vacancies, which provides a unique job number for tracking purposes. Visit AngloAmerican.jobopportunities for more details. Please be cautious of anyone claiming to be from, Anglo American Platinum who makes false job offers, asks for money to participate in an employment process or runs a fake job lottery.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you might have received a suspicious email or sms. Report all suspicious activity to your local law enforcement authorities.”