Closing date: 13 December 2018
Operating Entity: SA Ops: Secunda Synfuels Operations
Business Unit: Refining Production West
Geographical Area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock. To ensure safe and efficient operations of the plant. You will report to the forman of the department.
- Conduct basic first line fault finding
- Applies Standard Operating Procedures
- Understand equipment failure modes and defect identification and reporting
- Demonstrate understanding of how equipment functions
- Quality assurance of the product
- Carry out all tasks as allocated by shift leader
- Carry out plant inspections and take logs
- Report all at risk behaviours and unsafe conditions to the SPC/Process Artisan and/or Foreman
- Sampling as per schedules
- Maintain required housekeeping standards
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, this position requires physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- A valid driver’s license
- Grade 12 or N3 with Maths, Science & English (Must)
- Process Artisan: NQF Level 4 (Must)
- Process Controller Gr2: NQF Level 2 (Must)
- Process Controller Gr1: NQF Level 3 (Must)
Level of Experience
Specific experience required
- Experience in a production environment
- Experience as a Process Controller in Petro Chemical Environment
- Experience in working on the panel
- Adhere to all safety regulations and approved work standards
- Practice good housekeeping at all times
- Comply with all legal requirements
- Must be prepared to work shifts
- Prepared to do uncomfortable and dirty work at times
- Prepared to change shift on short notice
- Prepared to be called out sometimes when on weekend off, depending on plant requirements
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
- If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.