The opportunity for a Receptionist has become available at our Support Centre in Kuils River.
We are looking for a vibrant, customer focused individual with excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills to join our team of 3 Receptionists. In this role you will need to provide a professional, efficient and effective frontline service that will enhance the Ackermans brand through the competent execution of the reception and switchboard functions.
If you meet the criteria and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience gained in operating of a busy switchboard consisting of multiple lines, this could be the opportunity for you.
– A Grade 12 Certificate/Matric
– A Secretarial Diploma
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– Excellent language skills (verbal and written) in English. The ability to converse in a second official language would be an advantage.
– Well groomed and professional manner.
– Excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills with pleasant and friendly demeanor.
– Organized, with good attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
– Customer services focus both internally and externally
• Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
• Answer a high volume of calls and maintain a rapid response rate according to agreed standards.
• Announce visitors timeously and efficiently to the correct people.
• Sign for goods received and inform the individual to collect.
• Assist with administration duties as required.
• File data and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned and for other departments as needed.
• Order and maintain relevant office supplies for the Reception area.
• Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between 3rd parties and relevant staff, respond effectively to request (verbal or written).
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
• Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
• Monitoring access to the building by visitors.
• Responsible for the neatness of the reception area in ensuring that our guests feel welcome to a clean and tidy office.