Closing date: 11 December 2018
Operating entity: Sasol Mining, Syferfontein
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Management of the maintenance process in area of responsibility to enable mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of the QCDSM
- Deliver products and service in accordance with customer requirements
- Maintain a healthy and safe work environment
- Assist with fault finding on job related equipment
- Able to perform PTOs on work completed
- Able to do risk assessments on work to be done
- Provide on the job training and coaching to learners and trainee employees
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
Job Requirements: Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- Grade 12 / N3 with Maths, Science, and English or Business English
- NQF4 Trade Test (Boilermaker)
- Valid drivers license & own transport
- Valid Red Ticket
- Gas Testing
- Site specific practical / theoretical test
- Specific experience required
- Typically 24 months experience as Boilermaker
- Proven track record
- Maintenance / manufacturing / refurbishing of mining equipment experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of OSHAS 18001
- HIRAC training
- Knowledge of safe making behaviour
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Personal attributes: Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
- Customer orientated
- Ability to work independently
- Teamwork with other disciplines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate
- Supervision experience
Self Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.