|Portfolio||Bulk Water Services – Operations|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
|Location – Province||Gauteng|
|Location – Town / City||Glenvista|
|Location – Site||Rietvlei|
|Job Advert Summary||Rand Water is looking for a Welder, who will be responsible for the installation and repair of steel pipelines and associated fittings.|
|Minimum Requirements||• Qualified Welder.
• Matric (Standard 10 / Grade 12).
• 4 years experience in welding of large diameter pipelines.
• Experience in full penetration root welds / runs.
• Experience in using Oxygen and Acetylene cutting torch equipment.
• Experience in marking, cutting and assembling bends from drawings.
|Primary Duties||• Installation and laying of pipelines.
• Installation of valves and fittings.
• Installation of pipeline specials.
• Repairs to pipelines under shutdown conditions.
|Knowledge||• Pipe laying and Pipeline installation.
• Use of pipeline related hand tools.
• Safety and safe working procedures.
|Skills||• Communication skills.
• Analytical skills to do fault finding and problem solving.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
|Attitude||• Performance driven
• Quality orientated.
• Customer service Orientation
How to apply