3 Months contract
The above mentioned position is available in the Finance Department at Robben- Island Museum.
The incumbent will be responsible for all areas of stock control, cash handling and carrying of Cargo – both from sale of merchandise
Key performance areas:
• To be responsible for all aspects of stock handling;
• Responsible for loading and offloading of cargo;
• Dealing with sales and admissions;
• Reconciling cash receipts on a daily basis;
• Monitoring the stock budget and ensuring that purchases are contained within the
• Ensuring standards of quality, customer service and health and safety are met;
• Responding to customer complaints and comments;
• Responding to general enquiries about the centre and local history; where necessary;
• Organising special promotions and displays;
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
• Ensuring the security of the stock.
• retail, till operator or cashier experience.
• Customer service experience
• Literacy and numeracy
• Ability to speak English and at least two other languages (foreign or local).