To maintain financial ledger system in compliance with US GAAP & IFRS and internal control requirements, supervise the system of TB preparation & review, ensure financial controls relating to the monthly and annual accounting requirements and responsible for periodic financial reporting (internally & externally).
Location: Sandton, Gauteng
- General ledger accounting and control
- Monitor adherence to internal controls and standard operating procedures.
- Manage month and year-end closures of the general ledger system.
- Ensure journals are correctly supported and appropriately communicated to the shared service centre.
- Prepare/supervise the preparation of all standard manual monthly journals (MJE’s) and ensure appropriate controls are in place within market.
- Responsible for the validation of the accuracy of the inventory general ledger and laise with applicable shared service centre & Supply team to implement appropriate controls.
- Ensure that there are appropriate internal incontrols to ensure completeness and accuracy of accruals for each period.
- Maintain thefixed asset register (US GAAP, IFRS and Tax) and ensure appropriate shared service centre is correctly recording all the appropriate fixed assets related entries
- Undertake regular monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review of the allocated general ledger accounts reconciliations to ensure its correctness.
- Perform the reconciliation of the sub-ledger reconciliation to the GL and LSP data. Ensure the Flash sales submission by the Centre of Excellence team is appropriately reconciled to the GL
- Assist with reconciliation and analysis of all provisions.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in their audit assignments
- Reporting to New York
- Responsible for the completion of quarter end and year-end pack schedules as required.
- Responsible for the submission of the VEMP onto HFM
- Liaise with HQ and GFS on all other reporting requirements and queries.
- Operational requirements
- Undertake appropriate education and training of users around the recording of expenses.
- Implement process improvements relating to the recording of entries in the general ledger.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Supervise fixed asset procedures and ensure that all the necessary documentation is maintained.
- Supervise the Finance Associates
- Submission of VAT returns and liaising with SARS on any VAT related queries.
- Preparation of the income tax calculation and annual income tax return and liaising with SARS on any Income Tax related queries or additional requests.
- Prepare theAnnual Financial Statements and liaising with external auditors.
- Corporate Audit
- Business Finance team
- FM and FD
- Commercial business units
- Not applicable
- 2 Supervisees
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- CA (SA)
- 1 to 2 yrs experience in general ledger accounting in computerised environment
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Strong technical skills with respect to International Financial Reporting Standards and local legislation such as Companies act, Income Tax act, VAT act
- Sound IT & operating systems knowledge
- Good background on basic data management
- International financial reporting
- Strong financial management, reporting and technical skills
- Ability to apply skills across a broad spectrum of financial disciplines and to deal with both internal queries and external parties
- Good communicator (verbal/non-verbal)
- Effective decision maker
- Team player who is highly influential with good people management skills
- High levels of attention to detail with focus on quality to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Accurate data management skills to ensure that all the financial information is accurate and complete
- Shows initiative
- Seizes accountability
Demonstrates Business Acumen
Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Takes personal accountability for outcomes. Thrives on increasing levels of responsibility by confidently taking actions to move the business forward, even when decisions are shared or ambiguous.
Recognizes own strengths, limitations, and personal motivations. Actively seeks feedback and knows one’s impact on others. Acts with authenticity and ego maturity.
Commits to “One Pfizer”
Puts Pfizer’s business interests first. Invests in the success of the whole by aligning across boundaries. Recognizes that what is “best” for own division, function, or department may require modification to ensure alignment with what’s best for Pfizer overall.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.