We are looking for an individual to assist with all electrical repairs and maintenance within the facilities department.
Electrical Repairs & Maintenance
- Assists the Artisan with the repair and maintenance of electrical equipment to the required standards.
- Ensures resources, tools and equipment are available to perform preventive maintenance effectively as instructed by the Artisan.
- Reports any discrepancies with tools to the Electrical Artisan or Maintenance Engineer.
- Provides feedback to Artisan or Maintenance Engineer regarding any constraints experienced, tools, equipment or spares required.
Safety, health, environment and quality
- Cleans the substation, workshop, and workplace.
- Ensures safety regulations are adhered to by identifying hazards associated with assigned tasks and escalating hazards that cannot be mitigated.
- Ensures safe work procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures that personal protective equipment is worn for the appropriate task.
- Reports any incidents or injuries to Artisan or Maintenance Engineer.
Ad hoc Duties
- Performs ad hoc duties as and when requested.
- Grade 12 and N3 Technical.
- 1-2 years’ job related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic Electrical Installation Knowledge
- Basic Electrical Installation Skills
- SHEQ requirements
- Company policies, procedures and processes
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
How To Apply
Suitable applicants should forward their detailed CV’s, ID copy, Copies of qualifications and recent pay slip ( Only applicable to external applicants ) including the name of the position and reference number to firstname.lastname@example.org . No applications will be considered if the supporting documents are not submitted.
CLOSING DATE: 5 July 2018
SABN is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SABN and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. Should you not hear from us within 10 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
SABN reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.
Prospective applicants must be willing to undergo a series of assessments and
security clearance process as prescribed by the National Key Point Act.
ACTING HOD HUMAN RESOURCES
Amount of Travel
Work At Home